TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv is blnking on left side blue light 8 sequence

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/1/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the Pioneer?

Model no- KRP-600M
kUCXC
Serial No. iAPM001238UC
Manf. 2009 Jan

Thanks for the reply. The 8 blink code is a communication failure between the Media Receiver/Mainboard and the Power Supply board in the set. This can be caused by the MR failing, or the power supply failing, but in general this indicates a power supply board fault.

Please try a hard reboot of the set by disconnecting it from power, removing the system cables from between the media receiver and the display, then press and hold the power button on the display for 10 seconds and release.

Wait a minute then reconnect the system cables, plug the set back in and attempt to power it up.

Let me know what happens please.

No change no picture 8 sequence blinging light

I'm sorry to hear that, and this requires repairs be made to the set in order to fix the issue. You're generally looking at a power supply board failure in the set. If you have this repaired at a shop, you're looking at between $350-$450 parts and labor and can locate one at the link below:

http://www.tverepairpros.com

Alternatively if this is something you're looking to repair yourself, let me know and I will dig for a source for the board.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.