TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a 39L135OU tachi TV has sound back light no picture. if…

Customer Question
Have a 39L135OU Hitachi...

Have a 39L135OU Hitachi TV has sound back light no picture.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

If you hit menu button nothing shows up ,, I can see back lights though

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
3/1/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

How long have you owned this set for, and when did the problem occur please?

Also, when you first power the set up, does the Hitachi welcome screen display?

Please reply back when you're able to see this. Given the symptoms I do have a good idea of what's needed to fix your TV However I need to know about the initial welcome screen- if it displays or not.

No it does not have a welcome screen. Just sound,blue screen for just a second then dark.

Thanks for the reply. This would be your T-con board that has failed. Capacitors will only cause hard startups, or random shut offs, but the set having backlights and sound from the mainboard means the power supply, backlights and mainboard are fine, and the issue is within the LCD controller. Unfortunately, I believe the T-con in this set is part of the screen- which means it's not repairable. I'm not seeing any sources showing a separate T-con board for sale. Is there any chance you can postback with a picture of the set with the back removed?

I will get you a photo asap

Okay, sounds good.