TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I can only see half a picture. what is the problem

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/29/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony

L42S504

OK if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control is half of that missing too?or is this normal?

Anthony

missing

I can't use the phone facility I have technical issues for that sorry

Have you re-booted the set?unplugged from the wall waited 5 mins then re-plugged back in again?if not please do that and let me know the result thank you

the set only has half the picture the screen is black on the left side

Yes I know but you need to reboot the set like I described before we move on thanks

did not make a difference in picture

OK if the menu is in half too (sets own menu) then you have a problem that is likely to be this

1 The LVDS lead that feeds the t-con board

2 The tcon board itself

3 The LCD panel itself

I can help you with this you will need to be able to use small tools and follow my direction are you comfortable doing work yourself?

Anthony