TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung tv that i am using to display a promotional…

Customer Question
i have a Samsung tv...
i have a Samsung tv that i am using to display a promotional video that is saved to a usb flash drive. When i play the video it says audio not supported. There is no audio on the file that i am displaying. How do i get the error message to stop being displayed? Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/29/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Trey,

You will need to add a silent audio file to the video.
Because there is no audio on the file, the TV does not know that because it is unable to decode it (since it doesn't exist), so it will always display the message. This is probably a firmware bug, as in theory you should be able to play a video without any audio content if you wish to. The Tv designers obviously haven't thought of their product being used for this purpose!

So for now, you will need to edit the video and add a silent audio file to get around this problem.

Pete.