TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 73 inch mitsubshi tv. That has gotten a black spot…

Customer Question
I have a 73 inch...
I have a 73 inch mitsubshi tv. That has gotten a black spot inside the screen that continues too grow. What's wrong how do i fix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/29/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

The black spot on your screen is a tell-tale sign of a failing DLP chip in the set- this chip contains thousands of tiny mirrors and they are prone to falling off. Each one represents a pixel, and when they fail a black dot appears on the screen. They will multiple until the screen is eventually covered.

To have this repaired at a shop is an average $450 parts and labor (about $225 for the chip), and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Alternatively, if this is something you're looking to repair yourself, I will need more information from you, such as the full model number off of the back of the set, and also if there are a bunch of tiny dots, or one large dot that is growing?

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Do you need further assistance with this?