TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to figure out how I can watch the Oscars without

Customer Question
Trying to figure out...

Trying to figure out how I can watch the Oscars without cable subscription. We do have a fast internet connection

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

We have a flat tv set connected to the computer with the fast internet. how can we watch the Oscars? We don't have cable.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the TV Technician should be aware of?

Nope, this is it. We bought an antenna today but it doesn't work.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/29/2016
TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 2 years ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. First I have several questions please. What type of antenna did you buy for your TV, and how far are you from your local station... approximately? The only way you will be able to stream it to your computer is with a cable TV subscription, and that is being limited to only a handful of major cities.

HDTV Antennacraft antenna

Is this an indoor or outdoor antenna?

I am in the center of the city in Philadelphia. This antenna is only showing us 3 channels, most of them in spanish...

Okay thank you. If this is an indoor antenna, you are probably not going have much luck with good reception. Did you do a full channel scan after connecting the antenna?

Still with me?

Sorry,So, what can I do without the antenna?

Well first make sure the antenna is as high up as you can get it then do a full channel scan. If that doesn't work, the only way you will be able to watch using the ABC streaming app is if you know of someone that has cable. You will need to use their log in information to access the app, otherwise you cannot watch.

This is the LINK for watching the Oscars.

Louie, Technician