TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a tachi P42H401 tv repairing the power supply was bad…

Customer Question
I have a Hitachi P42H401...
I have a Hitachi P42H401 tv repairing the power supply was bad a new ps board was ordered and installed . The tv powered ok the screen came up , then picture and sound it worked ok . I then decided to check the other ports 2,3,4,5 . The A/V port 1 was used initially when I disconnected the A/V port I saw on screen ( going into power save mode ) then it power off . When I turn it on with the A/V cables connected only sound from the channel no on screen display no picture . Can some one guide me what to do thanks in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/28/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Have you tried more than one SOURCE connected to the TV, in other words if these symptoms occur when a cable box is connected to the set, then have you tried another source such as a DVD player to see if you have the same problem?

I tried the HDMI port no response the problem is there is no on screen display.
No back ground light all I get is sound on input 1 the sound from the cable channel

I did not ask about a different port, but rather a different SOURCE. In other words you need to make sure the issue happens with more than one SOURCE (cable box, DVD, etc.). If it does, then the TV's Mainboard is what needs to be replaced since it controls all of the Input processing. Let me know (since I would hate to suggest replacing the Mainboard if the issue is isolated to a faulty output on a Cable Box).

I will turn on the tv now I can call you send me your phone number

I can't take a phone call right now- so let's continue on this page.

It is on input port 1 that is the A/V input that is where I am getting the sound from
I have paid already

That doesn't tell us anything.

Okay, let's try this a different way:

1) What device are you trying to connect to the TV?

2) When you change Inputs on the TV does the screen show what Input you're selecting?

No there is no on screen display no back ground light and I cannot see any thing to select from
Where is Steve ?
Can you under stand what I am saying
The screen is blank only sound from the cable channel .The tv worked ok in the beginning it gave me picture and sound all I'd was disconnect the A/V and it went in power save mode and power down Now all I get is sound from input 1 the screen is not lighting up
Aric what is happening
I cannot understand why am I getting any response from any one
The cable box is good it works with a tv that I use so there is out put from the cable box!
After the power board was replaced and i power it up I get picture are you say in by just disconnecting the A/v cable and it went into power save mode it is now deffective that is not logical!
What is happening i am not seeing any more information ?
I am waiting for a response !
I tried a different source still sound and no picture. The blue light remains on, still no on screen or Bach ground light .