Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

What is causing black spot on my screen from my quantum

Customer Question

Hello there
what is causing black spot on my screen from my quantum projector? The problem begins after using the projector for a couple of hours. I turn off the unit for a few minutes it goes away only to return. the black spot used to appear after at least 8 hours of use but now it happens after a couple of hours use.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

This can be dust. If it is dust and the edges have some definition, then it will be AFTER the optical assembly, between the assembly and the lens. Otherwise, it would be some between the lamp (not ON it) and the mirrors. The reason I suggest this is that you mention that the spot is black - if it is something hardware related, it will more likely be a color other than black. It's still not impossible, but I would check this first.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Helllo Micheal.....Thank you for your answer. I am pretty green when it comes to technical gadget thus would not know who to clean the areas you refer to in your email answer to me?Do I need to remove the lens and how di I do that/ Does the unit need to be unplugged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WH IS: AFTER the optical assembly, between the assembly and the lens.Is this the lens in front that you can turn like a camera? How do you remove this cap?

The lens is in the front, yes. And the lamp is in the back. What I would suggest doing is, without disassembling it, is to blow it out with compressed air. You are best not to open it if you can avoid it. Some of these are supposed to be sealed systems... though they don't necessarily remain that way forever.