TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have sharp aquos LC-68le810UN I had the blinling code led…

Customer Question
I have sharp aquos LC-68le810UN...
I have sharp aquos LC-68le810UN I had the blinling code for bad led strip, I ford nit, replaced it. Was able to piower it up and went into the service mode and it stated lamp error 5, So I Reset that. Tried to repoer tv, and now all I get is a blink code of 2 slow with 5 fast flash. Seems strange that by doing a reset of the lamp error would trigger a PNL_POW code. Any Thoughts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/28/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Matt,

Have you tested the voltage outputs from the power supply board?

A faulty power supply board can also cause these error codes to appear, since the other boards are unable to work correctly without the correct input voltage.

Ok to test do I remove all harnesses? Black lead to ground and prob positive to all outputs? Or do I leave all harnesses attached?It seems strange that I had one code and I replaced the bad LED the tv was able to power the LEDs in service mode and when I reset the lamp error and repowered the tv now I get nothing. It's the same board, same power supply. Seams like I should be able to get back to the service mode screen rather than get the 2 slow 5 fast blink lights. Again. It was working fine before in service mode, I could leave the the tv on for whatever length I wanted.

You should leave all harnesses attached and connect the negative lead to ground and use the positive to probe the outputs.

Did you change anything in service mode?

The only thing changed in service mode was lamp Error Reset, & Monitor Reset

Ok, that may have inadvertently caused some other problem.

Let me see if another expert can assist you further with this...