TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My names is ***** *****, I have a Philips 50pfp5332d/37 TV.

Customer Question
Hi my names is...

Hi my names is ***** *****, I have a Philips 50pfp5332d/37 TV. The TV seems to work fine but with a minor color issue. I have replaced the bulb yet it hasn't corrected anything. the TV seems to display in black and white but no color, that is my issue.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Like so how? I think that's the best I can describe it, there seems to be very little dim color or but my grayish. I have set tv with bright 100%and contrast 100% .

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/27/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

How are you viewing TV services please?satellite /cable box/cable straight no box /antenna?

Anthony

If I understand of your question. Then I am viewing Xbox tv app on my Philips .

OK if you use another input like a DVD player for example is it the same using that?or is it just when you are viewing Xbox app?

Anthony

Itd be all the same I suppose I don't have a DVD player.
I do see what I think is yellow or like green. On most white letters and also purple like when it's tinted. I checked the colors and everything. And nothing seems abnormal.

You do need to eliminate the box as the cause , we need to do the same thing ourselves in the field I carry a DVD player

Let me know please and verify that another input is the same guesswork is no good thanks

Anthony

Wouldn't an Xbox and a DVD player be the same thing. They both carry the same cables to transfer video input and output. But if you really want me to test it I'd get a player tommorow.

Yes I understand but if the Xbox has a problem how will we know?the only way to know is to try something COMPLETELY separate even an old VCR anything that is separate from the box, or even how you viw TV services which may be separate from the box

Anthony

No it doesn't work either just got a DVD player. And it has it own yellow red and white cables. It doesn't work either.

Have you tried a reset in the settings menu?there should be a "factory" or "shipping" reset option in the settings menu

Let me know please

Yep I did that after I checked the bright and contrast Setting
What does the light bulb do. See. There's a blueish light amist all the gray film. So thAT MUST Mean there's color but it's not getting thru some how. Right.
20160301_081522.jpg2016030...jpg20160301_081531.jpg2016030...jpg20160301_081551.jpg2016030...jpg20160301_081557.jpg2016030...jpg20160301_081901.jpg2016030...jpg

Yes I understand but you are saying its more or less black and white the lamp wont cause that, the lamp hits a DLP chip with the picture on board the chip its then "projected" via some tricks with the mirrors onto the fresnel screen which in itself is like a magnifier, please let me know if the sets own menu is bad too or if this is normal, so press the menu button of the sets own remote control send me a picture of the screen picture and one of the menu up

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician