TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sharp AQUOS Quattron won't power on, power light blinks, but…

Customer Question
Sharp AQUOS Quattron won't power...
Sharp AQUOS Quattron won't power on, power light blinks, but TV screen stays black won't power on. Tried to restart - no luck - power light just blinks nothing more.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

2- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

TV is 4 years old. It worked until today, Model # *****

Thanks for the info, does the power light on TV blink like 1 slow then 1 fast flash pattern?

Seems so, very light blinking

OK, have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?

we did that - and the factory reset - unplugged, held down input and channel down buttons. Then plugged back in - no change.

While having flashing power light. please hold Input and Vol Down buttons on TV at same time.

Does screen lit and letter K appear?

No.

OK, unplug TV power cord for 10 minutes, replug back in and try again with mentioned buttons.

Tried again, nothing. Same issue. Possible cause?

Sorry to hear that, there are two possible causes, either power supply/ backlight inverter board failure or LEDs inside display panel are defective and causing the TV to stay in protection mode, flashing one slow and one fast blink is an error code that indicates lamp error. Only way is left to swap the power supply/ backlight inverter board and hold down two buttons mentioned in previous reply to see if screen lit and letter K appears?

If yes then you would need to go into TV service menu and reset lamp error timer to get the TV back in business, and if problem persist then I'm afraid entire screen would be replaced which may cost approx new TV price of same size so at that point you would be better off with a new TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Very helpful - thank you!!!

You're welcome, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Very Helpful - I did not see a feedback option. I rate you as excellent, very thorough. Thank you.

Thanks, I'll ask customer service to process the rating on your behalf.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician