TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When I plug my cable into new Lenovo it now turns off the

Customer Question
Lenovo screen and ding dongs...
When I plug my cable into new Lenovo it now turns off the Lenovo screen and ding dongs until I have set my large LG TV input that I always use for computer.I would like to return the laptop screen back on
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
2/27/2016
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Please let me knwo the make and model of your computer?

Also the model of your Lenovo?

And how old the system's are?

How old is your unit ?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think the model is E560; It has Windows 10 and I use IE explorer 11
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?

Hi may I have the make of the computer running the win 10?

And how old it is?

I see you changed your cats? But I am also in that category;-)

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is expensive enough. Write an answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There should be simple instructions to turn on and off the Lenovo lap top screen when video streaming. I thought you are the Lenovo expert

Hi, I need details in order to help you. I can only tell you what the issue is once I know that ;-)

I only know what you tell me.

I asked last for the MAKE of your computer that is running the Windows 10?

Also you only paid one time for this service. I am a Technician and these are technical issues, it takes some time and info from you so I can know for sure what is wrong.

Thank you for understanding.

On that model the Levano can not be screen commanded to turn off,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The computer is a new Lenovo laptop. Model is E560

WHat you can do, is set the screensaver to a dark screen, and set it to come on after about 1 min of no use ;-)

That is the only way to make the screen appear off, also you can set the laptop to sleep after a few mins, or even in "Settings", there is an option to TURN OFF the monitor after a short while.

Once set by you, it will do this automatically.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is that setting? Also the screen turns itself off, when I attach the laptop to my TV via the HDMI cable as I explained above
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you know the Lenovo computer. Why were you asking about cats before?

H yes I do know this model very well

;-)

Hi one thing at a time lol;-)

Under setting in your laptop's settings menu, you want to find info about the screen settings.

There you need to select monitor, screensaver, and when to turn off the laptops monitor. You cant change the TVs screen to on/ off from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there? This is a problem with the HDMI connection. I know all about, the time settings for the screen to go on or off. So far you have not answered my basic question. The screen goes off automatically now when the HDMI cable is plugged into my laptop & TV. The setting the first few days was that the Lenovo screen was always on. Some accidental thing happened to change.

As fro the laptop turning its screen off, when you connect to the TV , has that always happened?

And when it turns off the screen on the laptop, will it still display normally on the TV?

Hi I need to know that so I can be absolutely sure that your problem is the Network interface card in the laptop.

I will help you all the way, but I need to be sure of this, so far YES it sound like you have a bad HDMI board. This is really quite common these days and I have replaced more of these than I care to talk about lol ;-)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it plays the TV normally but my setup is such that I cannot read everything from so many feet away. I need to see the screen close up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bye

Hi, thanks

You can set the image size for things like text in the laptop to be bigger, but not movies etc.

Only functions of the laptop can be changed to a larger size.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Master Fix It
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician