TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a olevia 265tfhd with 2 sec to black issue all the

Customer Question
less on main board are...
I have a olevia 265tfhd with 2 sec to black issue all the less on main board are green except for D203 also D1andD2 are red also 1D1 is blinking green all the 24v at inverter is there any suggestions
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
2/27/2016
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
any ideas of what it could be did flashlight test you can see images sounds good no backlight
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked transformer inverter all within range

If there is still a good voltage from the inverter to the backlight when it goes off, then the backlight itself is faulty.
Also, if on powering on, the screen is visible for a second or split second and then goes dark the rest of the time, then it's definitely the backlight that has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do I have to do to troubleshoot backlight any specific route I should take to get the set working agian since there are no replacement boards available

The backlight itself cannot be replaced - the TV is beyond economical repair in this case.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was under the impression that you have a chip that runs the backlight and there is a filter for the chip the 2 sec to black symptoms calls for the t- con is bad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Being that you can't find the board I thought there was a way to narrow it down to a single component
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What are the white blue and yellow wires in cn 8 on power supply to the main board suspoed to read I have no voltage on these outputs they are vlamp vbl vbri labeled on master power supply
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also there looks to be some type of push button located next to the big heat sink on main board labeled sw1 any idea of what it's for

If the chip is bad the backlight will not come on.

If the backlight comes on for 2 seconds then goes off then the backlight itself is faulty - not a component on a board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok iam not a ee iam not sure what is the backlight consist of you have the bulbs and inverters what exactly are you calling backlight iam lost but it powers on and stays on for 1to 2 min then goes off what can it be

The backlight is the bulbs that actually provide the light and are built into the LCD display panel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
your telling me the bulbs are bad how is that so when they all come on and play if they were faulty wouldn't they not come on at all?

No, when the bulbs fail, they will come on briefly and then go off again.
These are not incandescent bulbs in the traditional sense, they are actually Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how can I go about finding the right bulb I wouldn't think they all went bad at one time what's the process of elimination to troubleshoot backlight

The backlight is built into the LCD display panel and the entire panel must be replaced - they are not separate parts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I understand that a incandescent bulb does not need a inverter or ballast to shine

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ur saying there not bulbs now there built in the lcd screen?

Correct, the bulbs (lamps) are an integral part of the LCD display.

Pete, Electronic Engineer