TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn my tv on I get a no sync signal message

Customer Question
when I turn my tv on I get a no sync signal message
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/27/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, What is plugged into the TV that you receive broadcasts from?

Also what is the model number off of the back of the set please?

speakers and aol on line
It is a Hitachi mod # *****

Okay, I will need more info.

You mentioned you had a Dell LCD, then said you have a Hitachi 1080, and mentioned AOL.

Is this a Dell PC hooked up to a Hitachi monitor?

If so, I need the MODEL NUMBER off of the back of the Hitachi and also what specific connection is used from the Dell to the Hitachi (VGA, HDMI, etc.).

I don't know if this is a Hitachi monitor. I looks like a dell tv with a dell monitor

Your last reply said: "It is a Hitachi mod # *****", so not sure if you're talking about two different things here or?

I REALLY need a model number off of the BACK of the screen that is giving you No Sync, and I can then help you. So far nothing specific has been posted about what you have. If you'd like to solve this, please reply back with the details I am asking for.

I can't find the model # ***** the back of the tv All I can tell you is the tv is a Hitachi 1080
TV Technician: ,  replied 2 years ago
Phone call session started
Let's start over. I have a Hitachi 42 " 1080 plasma tv Mod #LE424508. When I turn it on all I get is a NO Sych message. How do I fix this?

Thanks for the reply.

The No Sync indicates the TV is either on the wrong "Input" setting, or the Cable/Signal from your PC (which I assume you're connecting a PC to this TV?), has failed or pulled loose.

That is why I asked what type of cabling was running from PC to TV so I could tell you what Input to put the set on.

Since I don't have that info, then you will need to instead use the INPUT button on the TV and select EACH AND EVERY Input option one at a time, and let me know if one of them brings your signal back.

Let me know what happens.

I don't have my pc connected to the tv.

Okay, all you mentioned so far is a Dell with AOL online, so that's what I assumed you had connected to it.

What is it you're trying to get back to watching? Is it programming from a Cable Box?

If so, then you will need to use the INPUT button on the original TV remote (or the TV itself) and select EACH AND EVERY Input option- one at a time, and let me know if one of them brings your signal back.

Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

I did as you asked, but it did not bring my signal back

Then I need to know specifically:

1) What is connected to the TV for programming (for example: Cable/SAT Box, DVD player, etc.)?

2) What type of cable connects your source to the TV (HDMI, component video, etc.)?

cable box, and VCR
I am not sure what type of cable. How do I find out?
I think the cable is HDMI

I'm sorry, but there's too much information here that doesn't line up. I will need to opt out of the question at this point. Perhaps another expert can assist.