TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cannot get my volume to increase past 25. Normally prior…

Customer Question
Hi, I cannot get my...
Hi, I cannot get my volume to increase past 25. Normally prior to this happening my tv was on volume 12. When i press the volume button. on the bottom left hand corner, an "i" appears with audio system appears and the volume cannot be increased. This happened a couple of years ago and a tech was able to talk me through it over the phone. Can you help me please?
Barbara Tyler
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, What's the model number off of the back of the Sony please?

Also what remote is it you're using- is it the original Sony remote, a Cable box remote, Home Theater remote, Universal remote, etc.?

Aric model # ***** *****
I have tried the sony remote with the "i" described
I also have tried the cable box remote
When this happened before I used the Sony remote to fix it

Thank you for the reply. Please first try a hard reboot of the set, by disconnecting it from power then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and let me know what happens. In the meantime I will see what I can find on this problem.

Okay, after re-reading the symptoms you posted, it sounds like the audio was accidentally set to "Fixed" in the MENU under Audio/Sound.

Since the manual doesn't show me ANY option in the Sound MENU, can you please press "MENU", scroll down to "SOUND" press OK/ENTER and let me know what options you find? There should be one for "Volume Fixed/Variable". You will want to select Variable. Let me know.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Aric, nothing different happened when I did a hard turn off. I am in the sound mode and do not have the button you referenced.
I have
Reset
surround
Steady sound
treble
bass
balance Volume offset
Speakers

Go to RESET. Press Enter/OK. The ntell me if you have the same issue when using the SONY remote.

Tried the reset button and no change
I have not heard from anyone other than you are going to charge me. I am not satisfied with this service because my problem was not resplved
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 2 years ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello there please select the "Speakers" then Audio System - Headphone/Audio Out: Audio Out - Audio Out: Variable

Does this work please?

No it does not work. When I go to audio speaker and click on it. There are no options and it completely turns the sound off
hongkongpom
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer