TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv screen said" inputting data" time so i turned off the…

Customer Question
My tv screen said" inputting...
My tv screen said" inputting data" for a long time so i turned off the tv with remote. Now it wont turn on. I changed batteries in remote. Still wont turn on. Tv is connected to WiFi but I do not have cable service. Is there a manual on/off button on the tv somewhere? 50" vizio smart tv ...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/27/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

Offhand the E420VO is a 42" Vizio Smart TV and it does have a power button. However the symptoms you pointed to- "Inputting Data" for a long time and the set then not turning on, points to a Mainboard (hardware) failure in the TV.

Can you please tell me- are there ANY signs of life on the set at all (Vizio light lit amber, or white)?

Additionally, the POWER button is located on the LEFT SIDE of the TV and is the top-most button.

Let me know what happens when you press that and we can proceed.

I cannot find the power button. Front of tv on left side? Back of tv on left side?

No, on the actual Left SIDE of the TV. The side- not the front nor the back. Page 13 of your TV's manual shows it:

http://cdn.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E420VO/UM_E420VO.pdf

If that doesn't work to turn the TV on, can you please tell me the status of the power light on the TV?

My left side only has usb slots and cable connections, no power button as shown in the manual

Then check all around the set- Right side, etc. There's a button on there somewhere. Not sure why the manual shows a different TV than the one you have- unless you posted a different model number? Model number is ***** a sticker on the back of the set. Is that where you got the E420VO?

No power light anywhere. I got the model number off the box. Not sure I can unmount it from wall by myself

Hmm, that is bizarre. That manual I posted says E420VO right on the cover of it. If the set is different than the one in the manual, then I don't know which Vizio we're dealing with, so hard to give any specifics. If it's a newer set than what was posted, then check on the lower rear right or left corner for a single button/joystick type control. You would reach around the lower right or left corner to find this button. Let me know if you have any luck please.

I believe you that there's no buttons on the left side. Could you please check the model number sticker?

It's working now. Must have overheated or something. Never did find a power switch

Or you may have jiggled the power cord when you moved it. Anyhow I'm glad to hear it's working. Please make sure that power cord is tight at the back of the TV before hanging it back on the wall.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Lol. I won't be able to hang it back up by myself!! Piece of junk my son in law got for me on black friday.thanks for your help

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone can come by soon and give you a hand! If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

.