TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I've auto scaned the channels 4 times and it won't go to…

Customer Question
i've auto scaned the...
i've auto scaned the channels 4 times and it won't go to regular channels
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/26/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Generally when the TV asks you to Scan, and it was working just fine right before that- it has nothing to do with needing to Scan, but RATHER the TV's INPUT was accidentally changed.

How do you receive broadcasts on the set- through a Cable or SAT Box?

If so, then grab the original Pro Scan remote and use the "SOURCE" button (ignore the scan message) to select the Input you normally use for viewing cable (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, COMP, etc.).

If you're unsure what to do, or that doesn't work the REBOOT your Cable Box by unplugging it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.

Once it reboots use that SOURCE button again to select EACH INDIVIDUAL SOURCE OPTION on the TV until you get to the one that shows your programming.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to see my reply.