TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a DSVHX400V. Can I live stream using the HDMI port?

Customer Question
Hello. I am Bill. I...
Hello. I am Bill. I have a DSVHX400V. Can I live stream using the HDMI port? How?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/26/2016
TV Technician: hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer replied 2 years ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer

Hello there what do you want to live stream please?

I want to be taking video on the camera, and live streaming it over the internet. I am working with someone who wants to get the video from the camera to a Mac over a HDMI connection, and then live stream it using software she has on the Mac.
I have a Sony DSCHX400V and also a Canon VIXMA HFG10.
She has had no success getting from the Canon to her Mac.
I have connected the Sony to a TV over HDMI; the camera screen goes dead, and what usually appears on the camera screen now appears on the TV. Like using the TV as a monitor. But this is no good for live streaming because of the writing on the screen.
I am in Pacific time where it is now 7:45 am. I am meeting with the Mac person at 9 am.
Bill

Thank you. I am sorry that I can't help you because I am not a Mac person. I will opt out

Ok. Thanks.
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there Bill and welcome

Can you tell me please what writing on the screen you are referring to please?

Thank you