Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a DSVHX400V. Can I live stream using the HDMI port?

Customer Question

Hello. I am Bill. I have a DSVHX400V. Can I live stream using the HDMI port? How?
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there what do you want to live stream please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to be taking video on the camera, and live streaming it over the internet. I am working with someone who wants to get the video from the camera to a Mac over a HDMI connection, and then live stream it using software she has on the Mac.
I have a Sony DSCHX400V and also a Canon VIXMA HFG10.
She has had no success getting from the Canon to her Mac.
I have connected the Sony to a TV over HDMI; the camera screen goes dead, and what usually appears on the camera screen now appears on the TV. Like using the TV as a monitor. But this is no good for live streaming because of the writing on the screen.
I am in Pacific time where it is now 7:45 am. I am meeting with the Mac person at 9 am.
Bill

Thank you. I am sorry that I can't help you because I am not a Mac person. I will opt out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Bill and welcome

Can you tell me please what writing on the screen you are referring to please?

Thank you