TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Newly installed Vizio 42" 1080p tv shows 720p on input page.

Customer Question
Newly installed Vizio 42" 1080p...
Newly installed Vizio 42" 1080p tv
shows 720p on input page. Is 1080p selectable or automatic? Using Verizon Fios cable box.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/26/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, IF the TV is indeed 1080P capable then it auto-adjusts the resolution (meaning it will display 1080P if it is sent a 1080P signal, or a 720 signal if the signal is 720). You did not post a model number (so I cannot look up the TV's maximum resolution), but if the TV is indeed a 1080P TV, the it is displaying 720P because the SOURCE is sending it 720P. What is the display of your Fios box showing? The Cable Box determines what the TV is receiving. Some channels will be 480- and therefore will only display in 480, some are 720 and others are 1080. In other words the source determines what the TV displays- there is no way to change it on the TV.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Do you need further assistance with this?