TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Ms... I have a WD65C10, it will come on few seconds then cut…

Customer Question
Ms.Jones.. I have a...

Ms.Jones.. I have a WD65C10, it will come on for a few seconds then cut off with a steady red light why is that?? Also have a WD62 527 th flat come on for a few seconds and if you try to change the device it shuts off with a Green blinking light

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's all

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/25/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- There are two different model numbers of TV, which one you wish to troubleshoot and you would need to post fresh question for other TV?

Thanks.

Hello, ok we can start with the WD65C10

OK, WD-65C10.

Does the status light turn to solid red?

If so, when did you replace lamp last time in this TV?

yesterday

OK, where did you buy the replacement lamp from and how much you paid for it?

I guess lamp would be from Amazon or ebay for $40-50, correct?

Amazon for 96.00.. I have another question why is it so hot where the lamp is when the tv is on

Thanks for the info, steady red status light indicates that this replacement lamp isn't good quality so please return it and ask for better quality lamp, your TV is just fine and all it needs good quality lamp. I would recommend to get replacement lamp directly from Mitsubishi Parts where it is available for $119 and it would last longer..

https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Products/PartsForModel/WD-65C10

This type of lamp has two electrodes inside and generates high bright light with high volts arc that produce much heat as well that is why cooling fans are mounted nearby to exhaust hot air from TV while TV is working. This is design of TV and quite normal. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.