TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

No sound on my TV at all. I checked all possibilities I

Customer Question
No sound on my TV...
No sound on my TV at all. I checked all possibilities I could think of. It was OK at noon but no sound in the evening. Model E502AR, 3 years old, extended warranty expired 3 months ago!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/25/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the DirecTv box processing. Each TV is on it's OWN ox- so while it's not something with their "Service" its an issue with the specific box connected to this TV.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box from power.

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box back into power, and once it's rebooted, turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player on the TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether or not the TV, or the cable/SAT box itself is causing the problem.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Let me know if you need further help once you're able to see my reply.