Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Connecting my samsung tv to Vizio sound bat via optical

Customer Question

Connecting my samsung tv to Vizio sound bat via optical cable. No sound
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What is the model number off of the back of the Samsung TV please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you can get me the model number off of the back of the set, I can then get you specifics to get this working. Reason being in many cases, older sets that used Optical only processed optical for the TV's built in Tuner (using direct coaxial cable). The AV and HDMI Inputs are routed to the red and white RCA audio outs. That seems like where you're running into problems since if using any inputs besides the coaxial port- the optical will not output sound, and you would need to use RCA cable connections. However if you want me to find out with certainty, simply post back with the model number off the back of the Samsung DLP and we can proceed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.