TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need help getting tv to work with amp/cable/bluray

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/23/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV, bluray and amplifier in question?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Panasonic TV TH-50PZ700U
Yamaha Amp RX-V861
Arris Cable Box DCX3510-M
Samsung Bluray BD JM57
VCR Sony SLV-D50H

Thanks for the info, I need some time to look into all these units specs to suggest connection setup, get back to you in 30 minutes, is it OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been attempting to connect cabling without luck. I would like to set up amp for sound / surround sound. Use one clicker.

Phone call may not help at this early stage, let me get specs of these things to see connection options.

Thanks.

Can you pleas recheck VCR model as it could be SLV-D570H or some thing?

Hi, did you get me previous message?

If not yet, let me repost it..............

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
VCR is a Sony model SLV-D570H. An old unit.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your number for Sony- SLV-D570H- is correct.

OK, you have verity of units and connection setup could be complicated OR may not get a unit sound output from amplifier, is it acceptable for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

and let me tell, one clicker/ remote isn't possible to control all these things.

Yes, I'm here, are you getting my replies?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a Logitech clicker. Will that help?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will you let me know if you need more?

I'm sorry, not familiar with Logitech remote and I hope other experts would know how to program it for different units, let me repost this question so they can have a look to assist you.

I'm opting out now.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you have verity of units and connection setup could be complicated OR may not get a unit sound output from amplifier, is it acceptable for you?
No because I play music Bluray discs. I want great sound.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm opting out now.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is someone available to answer my question? If no answer to my question I will try another.
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Norman and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, are the Arris Cable Box DCX3510-M, the Samsung Bluray BD JM57 and the VCR Sony SLV-D50H directly/currently connected to the Panasonic TV TH-50PZ700U? ...or to the Yamaha Amp RX-V861?

Phone call session started

I tried calling but for some reason would not complete the connection.

Still, please try/consider the simplest and easiest to implement; retain/directly connect the Arris Cable Box DCX3510-M, the Samsung Bluray BD JM57 and the VCR Sony SLV-D50H to the Panasonic TV TH-50PZ700U.

Additionally, connect a pair of red & white RCA-to-RCA cable from the TV's PROG OUT L & R AUDIO jacks (TO AUDIO AMP) to the Yamaha's CD white & red input jacks. Set the RX-V861 to CD as source/input which would make any sound heard from the TV originally would also now be heard from the speakers connected to the Yamaha RX-V861.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have HDMI cables. TV has HDMI connected to Yamaha HDMI OUT. Arris Cable Box HDMI connected to Yamaha HDMI DTV/CBL In2. Samsung Bluray HDMI connected to Yamaha DVD In1. I have been able to get sound from cable box. No video. What next?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When will I have a reply?

Appreciate the additional information.

"...Arris Cable Box...sound...No video..."; have you tried checking / replace (swapping) HDMI cables?

Would the Arris Cable Box display video if directly connected to the TV by HDMI?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HDMI Cables have been swapped. When TV is connected directly to the Cable box picture and sound is working, Although not on surround speakers.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a setting in Yamaha that directs unit to use HDMI outlets?

I understand.

How about if the HDMI ports used at the rear of the Yamaha are swapped; i.e. Arris Cable Box HDMI to be connected to Yamaha's HDMI DVD IN1 and the Samsung Bluray HDMI connected to Yamaha's DTV/CBL IN2?

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

"...Is there a setting in Yamaha that directs unit to use HDMI outlets?..." There is BUT:

• • only for the HDMI audio whether heard fro0m the TV speakers or from the speakers connected to the Yamaha;
  • • HDMI resolution.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does not matter. No sound / No video.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is this Panasonic tv compatible with my Yamaha amp?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had tv/amp working with RCA jacks but not bluray player.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I be waiting here for a response ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please confirm you are looking into my TV question. Green bar on screen talks of phone call? When? I will wait for your responce.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is someone available to answer my question? If no answer to my question.... I will try another.

As posted before, please try/consider the simplest and easiest to implement; connect the Arris Cable Box DCX3510-M, the Samsung Bluray BD JM57 and the VCR Sony SLV-D50H directly to the Panasonic TV TH-50PZ700U.

Additionally, connect a pair of red & white RCA-to-RCA cable from the TV's PROG OUT L & R AUDIO jacks (TO AUDIO AMP) to the Yamaha's CD white & red input jacks.

Set the RX-V861 to CD as source/input which would make any sound heard from the TV originally would also now be heard from the speakers connected to the Yamaha RX-V861

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI Louie, Could you HELP? One part of your suggestion says:
connect the Arris Cable Box DCX3510-M, the Samsung Bluray BD JM57 and the VCR Sony SLV-D50H directly to the Panasonic TV TH-50PZ700U.The TV has many termination ports. Please confirm how connections are terminated on back of TV. I do not know where to plug in units there.I have three component wires from VCR to back of TV. I do not know where to terminate at TV? Would you look at the connections I plan to make with other cables (Below).TV PROG OUT L & R AUDIO jacks to ***** white & red input jacks.
TV HDMI #1 AV IN to Arris cable box HDMITV HDMI #2 AV IN to ***** OUT

Hi again Norman,

Yes and confirmed, please connect:

• • Arris Cable Box HDMI to Panasonic's HDMI AV IN1;
  • • Samsung Bluray HDMI to Panasonic's HDMI AV IN2;
  • • Sony SLV-D570H's LINE OUT yellow + red & white jacks to Panasonic's yellow + red & white jacks of INPUT 1 ;
  • • TV's PROG OUT L & R AUDIO jacks (TO AUDIO AMP) to the Yamaha's CD white & red input jacks.

Please ensure colors of plugs and jacks matches for the Sony and Panasonic.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done attempted to do exactly as you said and I am still looking at a blank TV screen. On TV I pick HDMI 1 - its blank HDMI. Pick HDMI 2 on TV - It's blank. What's wrong.

Will the Sony display on the Panasonic please?

Then it would indicate that the Panasonic TH-50PZ700U is working at least using the RCA connection method. Is there sound from the Yamaha speakers?

If you are able to select HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 using the TV/VIDEO button but neither would display anything, then possibly:

• • the Arris Cable Box and the Samsung Bluray are both defective (unlikely);
  • • both HDMI cables used for the Arris Cable Box and the Samsung Bluray are both defective (least likely);
  • • the HDMI feature of the Panasonic is not functional (most likely).

Then the issue would not be a connection concern but a potential internal hardware issue.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yesterday I had the tv and cable box connected with HDMI cable (No Amp & No Bluray player) and video was fine.

Significant information; thanks.

Let's start fresh. Unplug everything including the power cord connections to the wall outlet. Allow this un-powered / disconnected condition for an extended period of time. Then wire back in through HDMI the cable box and the TV only / all others still disconnected. Check if it would work as before.

Louie, Technician