TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Trying to hook up my logitec external speakers to my

Customer Question
panasonic hdtv...
trying to hook up my logitec external speakers to my panasonic hdtv
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/23/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to give you specifics, I will need the full model number off of the back of the TV.

In most cases, newer TV's use only an "Optical" port for connection to external speakers, and to my knowledge all Logitech speakers use the 1/8" stereo connection (since they're designed for computers). So offhand, an Optical to analog converter would be needed. The TV's red and white audio jacks are "Inputs" (not outputs). The port on the TV that needs to be used is the square port labeled "Digital Audio Out" and uses an optical cable.

In this case the converter at the link below is what is needed, as well as an optical cable. I will post links to both devices:

Converter (you then plug the Logitech speakers into the 1/8" stereo jack on the converter):

http://www.parts-express.com/dac-digital-to-analog-audio-converter-optical---coaxial---usb--180-998

Optical cable (connects between the TV and the converter):

http://www.parts-express.com/premium-optical-cable-with-toslink-connectors-3-ft--181-042

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to see my reply please.

Aric, Technician