TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I'm trying to connect a vizio sound bar and it says try

Customer Question
setting the tv output to...
I'm trying to connect a vizio sound bar and it says try setting the tv output to pcm and i can't find one on the tv?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
2/23/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Bill.

What connection are you using from the tv to the soundbar?

What inputs are you using with the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm using digital audio out to the sound bar.

The tv does not have an adjustment for this. It is automatic based on the input source and passes dolby or pcm. So you'd need to go into the menu on your source device (cable/satellite, etc) and set that to pcm/stereo (not dolby/digital).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand your answer, so for me it is not an answer!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't get any email to my last statement and feel like have ripped off and think you taking money with noanswers!!

Bill, I asked earlier what inputs are you using with the tv?
My answer relates to that. I'm happy to explain further, but need those details from you to be able to clarify.

Do you still need help with this, Bill?
You've already paid the site, per the terms you agreed to. I'd like to assist you, but it requires your communication back with me here, to be able to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not get an answer that I could understand and when I explained this and got no further response, I got no satisfaction with your service I will make sure I get money back. I solved my problem in a different fashion.
w. K. Knipps

Bill, I was simply trying to help you, without communicating back and forth with you, I'm not able to do so.

I sent you additional instructions, but I'd need to know what part you're having trouble with to give you more information.

If there is something you don't understand, I'm here to help, but I can only do so much with limited information. I've been asking what inputs you are using here (cable box, satellite box, dvd player, etc) with your tv, so that I can explain in more detail what you need to do. As mentioned above, the pcm setting needs to happen on that source device. For example if you have a satellite box from dish network, you'd use the dish remote to go into the dish settings, under audio format, and then set it to pcm/stereo (not dolby/digital).

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Do you still need help with this, Bill?

Nathan, Installer