TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Can I plug a Bluetooth device into my tv and send pic and…

Customer Question
can I plug a Bluetooth...
can I plug a Bluetooth device into my tv and send pic and audio from my computer (which is Bluetooth capable )to the set?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/23/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, No- this TV has no Blue Tooth capability at all, so that will not work. In order to stream from the computer to the TV, you need an HDMI cable connection between the two. A regular HDMI cable will work for this, however if you want a wireless connection then you need a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver setup like the one at the link below. An HDMI connects from your computer to the "Sending unit", then the "receiving unit" will connect to your TV using an HDMI cable and will give you picture and sound from the computer onto the TV:

http://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transmitter-Streaming-Satellite-NPCS549/dp/B009E6R89C

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Even current model TV's do not have the capability to stream via Blue Tooth to a TV. Only new Smart TV's which have "Allshare" type functions which shares Wi Fi signals with the other devices in your home will do this. Your Plasma pre-dates Smart TV functions, so in lieu of purchasing a new TV, the HDMI send/receive system I posted above is the only solution to get this TV to display wirelessly from your computer.

Aric, Technician