Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony XBR65X900a. Nothing appears on my screen when

Customer Question

I have a Sony XBR65X900a. Nothing appears on my screen when I push the display button on my remote. This began happening after an update probably 18 months ago. I recently obtained another remote for this model and I get the same result. How can I verify the input that my tv is receiving?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the Home/Menu button work and bring menu graphics on TV screen?

- Do the Volume or Input buttons on remote work and you get connected video source picture on TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the other buttons on the remote work
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd, just Display doesn't work.

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Any luck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to unplug it at this time. It's wall mounted but will try this as soon as I can.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, switch Off the power stripe if TV power cord is plugged into or take your time and reply back with the result to proceed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unplugging it did not fix the problem. I did come up with a work around to get the info displayed that I wanted to see. I can switch the inputs and the resolution is displayed when I switch back.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so you got the info on TV what you were looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Excellent, have nice time!

Shahid.