TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I want to add Hulu as an app on my sharp LC 40LE830U smart…

Customer Question
I want to add Hulu...
I want to add Hulu as an app on my sharp LC 40LE830U smart TV. How do I do this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/22/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Marguerita.

Unfortunately, this is not an option. As a 2011 model, this tv is no longer supported by sharp and it is strictly limited to the apps that are built into the tv already.

It is not possible to add new apps to it.

The only way this could change is if Sharp entered into a marketing agreement with hulu and then released a software update. BEcaue your model is no longer supported, that will not happen.

Your best option, other than replacing the tv with a new model, would be to instead connect up an external streaming device to provide the desired apps, and many others. You can spend $30-100 on a roku, roku4k, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Did you need any more help with this, Marguerita?

Nathan, Installer