TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My vizio tv is stuck on change language and I 't have a

Customer Question
My vizio tv is stuck...
My vizio tv is stuck on change language and I don't have a remote
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Offhand this generally happens if the Setup MENU was accidentally accessed, or the TVs Mainboard (which processes the setup MENU) has locked up. In some cases this actually does require replacement of the TV's Mainboard to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.