TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic PT-AE7000 which was already ceiling

Customer Question
mounted in my condo when...
I have a Panasonic PT-AE7000 which was already ceiling mounted in my condo when I moved in 3 years ago. Recently the picture started to cut out for a few seconds every minute or two. I replaced the bulb with a new one bought from Panasonic in Mississauga, ON, Canada, but it still continues to do the same thing - HELP!!!???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/22/2016
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Take it down - it will have to be taken down anyway, whatever the problem.

First, what you can do:

- check that there is *no* dust anywhere in the air-cooling path, from the bars on a grille being cleaned, to the fan blades likewise. Even a faint coating of light fuzzy dust can impeded air-cooling enormously.

That's the most you can try initially, and most likely to help.

Be sure when you re-mount it, that air circulation to any opening in the case, esp. to cooling grilles or vents, is not crammed up against the ceiling.

I got the flu right after you sent your suggestion so I couldn't try to get rid of the dust. When I finally cleaned the unit thoroughly yesterday it made no difference at all.

I am not sure what else to suggest for this problem, so I have Opted Out, opening it to other Experts in this category.

TV Technician: Dan, Broadcast Engineer replied 2 years ago
Dan, Broadcast Engineer

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. When the unit cuts out, does it completely die, or does the bulb just go out?

It cuts out for about 5 seconds. If I look at the lens it appears to be shining green but not enough to illuminate the screen. Then full power comes back on.

Okay thank you. Look carefully at the cooling fan, use a flash light if necessary and watch to see if it maintains a constant speed then let me know what you find.