TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Vertical black line in the middle left of an LG 50PK550

Customer Question
plasma tv...
Vertical black line in the middle left of an LG 50PK550 plasma tv
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/21/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

Vertical lines are not handled by the boards on the sides. They are handled by the boards along the bottom edge of panel. These boards may be hidden under some metal framing:

CLICK HERE TO SEE EXAMPLE BOTTOM BUFFER BOARD

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Can't say why you are not able to get to that site. Works perfect for me. Here it is again:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr63522101-xc-center-buffer-board.htm

or just go to www.shopjimmy.com and put in your tv model number. You are looking for the XR or XC or XL buffer board. Depending on where in the screen the line is. Yes, I saw the picture, but you need to line that up with the board on the back of the tv and verify the part number on the board before you buy a replacement board.

or check it out on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201354358195

Please click the 3 to 5 stars at the top of the page before you go.

Thanks

Ok, the tv opened and aligned the ribbon cable with the black line, what now?

try reseating the ribbon cables on that board.

if that does not help replace that board (get numbers off board before ordering so you get the correct board).

See the picture attached

both the blue circle and the red circle, assuming that one lines up with the black line on the tv.

I pulled out both and reattached them, but the line still apears. Also it's more a green line up close.

Replace the board

How, why and which board? Where can I find the partnumber?

You need to replace the board you just re-seated the connectors. Because it is the next step in attempting to repair the tv. Numbers on the the board will start with LJ something.

It's called the "XC" buffer board. If the line in the picture is actually lined up with the one you posted a picture of.

I think the part number is: EAX61309301. And yes the line is lined up with the connector in the red circle (on the far right side). Do you know any tv part suppliers in Europe/the Netherlands or ones with fast shipping? It seems the website of shopjimmy is somehow blocked or something by my internet provider, but i could workaround that via my mobile network.

please, please, click the 3 to 5 stars at the top of the page before you go. thanks.

Ok, I replaced the board with a new one but the line still appears in the screen.
What next?

Then you have a defective plasma display panel. There is no fix except replacing the entire screen which costs more than a new 50" tv. Replacing that board was the only chance at an easy fix and required to determine if the display panel is bad or not.