TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I HAVE A DX55-l150A11 BY ITS SELF THE MENU WILL POP UP AND…

Customer Question
I HAVE A DX55-l150A11 BY...
I HAVE A DX55-l150A11 BY ITS SELF THE MENU WILL POP UP AND START SCROLLING THROUGH THE INPUTS THEN DISAPEAR THEN IT POPSP AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN I HAVE TAKEN THE BATTERYS OUT OF REMOTE STILL DOES IT
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/21/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried gently tapping on the left side control panel's MENU and INPUT buttons?

i have already tried that it did not help or do anything

Then it would be an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

i do and yes i can

Great on the DIY!

Please post back with clear pictures of the inside circuitry particularly the PCB (printed circuit board) of the side panel control.

Click HERE.

i have since unplugged the ir board and it had stop scrolling through the inputs for a while but now its back to doing the samething gain i hope these pic are the ones you wanted
20160221_172857.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_172907.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_172920.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_172930.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_172940.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_172949.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_173001.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_173239.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_173249.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_173303.jpg2016022...jpg20160221_173325.jpg2016022...jpg
ive come to the conclusion that it has to be something wrong with the main board

Appreciate the pictures.

And yes if even with the control panel board disconnected the symptom persists.

Is the IR & standby light board the same with the side panel control board?

on pic end with 07 it shows the plug that comes from the ir board and this is where i unplugged it from control board and pic 173325 shows the ir board.i also unplugged the manual buttons to eliminate a stuck button as it did not stop the problem
if you are asking about the manual button board on the side of the tv no they are two seperate boards

The ' pic 173325' failed to show up.

Still, that "...unplugged the manual buttons to eliminate a stuck button as it did not stop the problem...", then yes; it would confirm a most likely fault with the main board.

The main board would be something like a P/N 151426 similar to the product shown HERE. The replacement board should bear exactly the same numbers as that of the currently installed board.