TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sanyo 42" plasma tv wont turn on. The power light comes on…

Customer Question
sanyo 42" plasma tv...

sanyo 42" plasma tv wont turn on. The power light comes on but nothing happens. If i unplug the tv for an hour or so it works for about 10 seconds then turns off. I have taken off the back panel of the tv and could not see any capacitors bulging. What should i check next? Model #DP42746 serial #B6350912419829

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/21/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Not much you can check since you viewed the capacitors and they look fine unless you have a multi-meter. However the symptoms you have indicate a fault in the Mainboard of the TV (if there is no response from the power button and the power light simply remains lit.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

The power light goes out if you turn the power off. When you turn it on again the power light turns on but nothing happens. There is a light that flashes four times repeatedly behind the back panel of the tv. I do have a multi meter and would like more info to diagnose the problem. Thank you.