TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung LN-T5265F hdtv that temporarily has a

Customer Question
distorted image and had vertical...
I have a Samsung LN-T5265F hdtv that temporarily has a distorted image and had vertical lines at all times. I'm assuming it's the T-con board but not completely sure
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/20/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the distorted picture correct itself after some time?

- Do you get normal sound from TV speakers?

Thanks.

It does correct itself after some time and yes it does get sound

OK, distorted image mostly comes due to failing capacitors on power supply board, click the link to view power board image OR T-Con board and vertical lines issue is bit serious as it could be either bad t-con board or display panel itself.

Please inspect capacitors on power supply board and replace bad capacitors or entire power supply board, t-con board replacement will help to confirm if display panel (screen) is good or has got internal problem that causing vertical lines and if screen found bad then it would be end of this TV because replacement display panel is no longer available due to age of TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

How do I know what amp for the 250v fuses in the power supply board to get?

I'm not sure why you're looking to replace fuse, anyway fuse rating would be 8A 250V for this TV.

Thanks.

The metal tape covering the tcon board touched the circuits and blew one of the fuses while I was examining the tcon board

Blew one of the fuses?

Can you give me more info about that fuse as where it is located and what is location code of that fuse like FS801 or FS802 etc?

I don't have the board in front of me anymore, but it is right next to the pin connector that is supplying power to the board

You mean it is glass tube fuse (two fuses) located near the connector where TV power cord plugs in power supply board?

but they are ceramic

Please check attached image of power supply board where I marked the two fuses with yellow arrows, are we talking about these fuses?

If so then fuse rating is stamped near the fuse holder and it would be 8 Amp.

Also, please do not unplug/ disconnect or remove any board or connector in TV while TV power cord is plugged in wall socket.

Thanks.

it is those I made that mistake already which is why one of them blew out
I'm just having a difficult time finding what store I could buy them at because RadioShack does not carry them

OK, fuse rating is 8A, try following Amazon link to order the fuse..

http://www.amazon.com/Qty-5x20mm-Slow-Blow-Ceramic-Fuse/dp/B004GFE2MC

OR get box carrying different rating fuses including 8A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-5x20mm-Quick-Fast-Blow-Glass-Assorted-Fuse-Amp-0-2A0-5A1A2A3A5A6A8A10A15A-/141439289274

Regards,
Shahid.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Ok so I have replaced the fuses but now there's a clicking noise and the tv will not turn on but the standby light is on

OK, clicking noise would be coming from relay on power board and it seems main power section has got damaged due to short circuit while you were removing metal plate off of t-con board. You need to replace power board in TV to get previous symptoms in TV then swap the t-con board to see if it helps to get normal picture or we are looking at bad display panel as I explained in my previous reply before the short circuit occurred.

Thanks.

I have also heard that bad capacitors are a common issue with these televisions, could that not be the issue?

I agree, this model has bad capacitors issue on power board so replacement of power board will eliminate the capacitor issue as well.

Can I not just replace the capacitors?

Not now because power board has got more problem due to short circuit that is why you get clicking sound from it.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician