littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

My new Insignia 24" TV is all hooked up an I am using DISH

Customer Question

My new Insignia 24" TV is all hooked up an I am using DISH as my provider of service. The screen now says "press Select to watch TV. This new TV is in my Bedroom. The Dish black box receiver is in the living room. The screen of the new TV says the receiver is "off." I have tried to get reception on the new TV with the receiver turned both on and off.
The new remote that came with new TV doesn't really work and the Dish remote (of which I only have one) isn't much help either. How can I get reception on my new TV in the bedroom?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please find the attached image of power supply board where Va and Vs volts pins are marked with yellow arrows, check these volts with voltmeter that would be around 200V DC and 60V DC

Are these volts available on power board, even for few seconds?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about above info that were meant to different TV question.

Let me repost this question for experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JUST ANSWER IN PRINT PLEASE.
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. When you turn the dish box on, does the TV do anything different? What is the model number of your second room remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rusty, thanx for responding. While I was waiting, I called DISH network. It seems that's where that is where the problem is.
I neglected to tell them I had another TV now and needed extra service from them. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll notify you.

Ok, sounds good. They definitely need to activate a second line, and the triplexer needs to be connected properly. Dish is a pretty complicated wiring job, compared to cable. Let me know if they don't get it sorted.