TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an older Mitsubishi big screen tv model #VS-50603. It…

Customer Question
I have an older Mitsubishi...
I have an older Mitsubishi big screen tv model #VS-50603. It will not turn on. I push the power button, the green light next to the power button lights up at the same time I hear a "click" coming from the rear of the tv. Within a second, the green light turns off and I hear the same "click" as the light turns off. It's been a great tv without any repairs or problems for a long time! Any suggestions for repair would be appriciated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/20/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop diagnostic fees.

To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...

1. Are you wanting to repair the tv yourself?

2. If so, describe your previous experience with electronics- using a meter, soldering, replacing boards....

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

There is one common failure/fix where there is a repair kit for $70, but it requires pulling out a board and soldering parts onto the board. We can confirm the problem by a test using the front panel buttons. REPLY back if you want to begin this process.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more). Not sure it makes sense to put so much money into a repair when you can buy a new 50" tv for about $450-$500.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?