TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just replaced the lamp in my mitsubishi wd-52327 and

Customer Question
I just replaced the...

I just replaced the lamp in my mitsubishi wd-52327 and followed all the instructions. It seems to work for the evening, then it wont turn on the next day showing the red light for the lamp. I have looked every where online and in the manual as to how to reset the lamp timer, and cannot find the answer, maybe this is the problem?

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

New lamp, I cleaned filter out, went to settings and put in time and date and tv only worked for the evening and light is red now for lamp

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/20/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Where did you buy the replacement lamp from and how much you paid for it?

Thanks.

amazon.com $55
Same place and price I bought the last one and never had a problem

Thanks for the info, is the lamp came with warranty or can you return it to supplier and ask for better quality lamp because problem seems with this lamp as protection circuit inside TV detects that lamp isn't good quality, consume more current than rated that can damage the ballast supply board thus it activates and shut down the TV in protection mode with lamp light to indicates the reason of shut down.

Please return this lamp which is defective and causing the problem and ask the supplier to provide good quality lamp as TV itself is just fine and it only needs good lamp to work. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

I'm stepping away from computer for an hour and will reply if there is any further question.

Thanks.