TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony XBR 55x 900A TV. I want to hook up my Sirius…

Customer Question
I have a Sony XBR...
I have a Sony XBR 55x 900A TV. I want to hook up my Sirius radio tuner thru the TV. There is a white and a red wire that needs to be plugged into a powered amp. Can I plug the Sirius radio into the back of the TV where the red and black plug-ins go? Then what channel do I turn the TV to?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/20/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Yes, you could use a radio tuner with the tv, but it would not be advised.

To do so you'd need to plug the red/white to the Video In 1 port on the back of the tv, though you won't have a yellow cord.

You'd then set the tv INPUT mode to Video 1.

This would give you sound through the tv speakers, but the screen will be blank.

Over time it is possible this could cause some damage to the screen if used a lot, and it is also wasting a lot of power.

If you have dish network, you can listen to the xm channels through it.

Your smart tv also has an available siriux/xm app that you could use (if your xm account permits online listening) which would not only give you sound, you could also use the tv remote to change stations, you'd see on screen album covers and artist/track info, etc.

I am not sure how to get to the app on the TV.

Press the XMB button on the sony remote (it is the button that goes into all the smart functions) and there you'll see all the apps (netflix, etc)