TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Need to know what cable can I use to connect my mac book pro…

Customer Question
Need to know what cable...
Need to know what cable can I use to connect my mac book pro lab top to and older model panasonic TV with out a HDMI connection
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/19/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Derrick and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...panasonic TV..." The Panasonic TY-SP50P8WK is a TV stereo speaker kit.

Please confirm that it has at least a VGA / D-SUB 15 PC IN port at the rear. If yes, then an "Apple Thunderbolt to VGA Adapter" would be needed + a VGA cable.

Click HERE or HERE and something like the cable HERE.

I found the model number...TH-50PH9UKserial number-LB6283021
The adapter is so short, I want be able to connect my PC, is there a longer cable to add to it....Where do I find the other cable that you mention I needed
?

As posted above, " ...the cable HERE..." is for a 15' version while HERE for 25'. (please click on the linked HERE)

Thank you!

Great Derrick!

Glad that the above information served your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.

I got the adapter and cable....its connected! Cant get picture on screen...

Please try lowering the screen resolution of the 'mac book pro lab top' to 1024 × 768 when the TV's aspect mode is set to “NORMAL” or 1366 × 768 when the aspect mode is set to “FULL”.

Any updates Derrick?