TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a MX-5020HPM plasma that's flashing/flickering…

Customer Question
I have a MX-5020HPM plasma...
I have a MX-5020HPM plasma that's flashing/flickering colors on images.
Already worked with Russell H. for a while, but no progress so far.
(I could also send you a very short (15 seconds) video to show the
problem better.)
Do you think you could find the problem?
--Richard. [email protected]
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/19/2016
TV Technician: littlerusty2005, Expert replied 2 years ago
littlerusty2005

Hello, my name is***** it flickering on all sources? What type of cable is used to connect your cable box to your TV? If it's HDMI, that's the first thing to switch out. It has 16 connectors, and they can go out on their own.

Hi there--
Yes, it's HDMI, but the first thing I did was to try another cable and
source. No luck... good thinking, though.
I want to send you a 5.2Mb wmv file -- but your system won't allow it.
Is there another place I can send it for your evaluation?
--Richard
The attached jpg is an error. Not sure how it got attached.

You can upload it to YouTube and send me the link. Is it flickering on all sources?

Good suggestion!
You can view it her:
https://youtu.be/Md82nNG0Qf8
Thanks again for your help,
--Richard

That is beyond my skill level, I'll open the question back up to all experts.

you saw the problem, especially when the girl appeared?
I'm hoping someone can identify a suspect board(s) that can be replaced or repaired.
I've inspected all of the boards for any swollen caps, loose connectors, and any other visable damage, etc. (I was surprised to find one cap that measured 190vdc from its metal exterior-to-ground. I had done a brief check to avoid a surprise shock -- after reading several cautions on some DIY
TV repair sites.)
Thanks for your time and if you can find a tech who has more ideas to
solve this problem, it will be very much appreciated!
--Richard
HELP??I guess there aren't any techs interested, or able, to diagnose my set.The picture used to be plenty good enough for us homefolks. It's actually a well-built chassis, and nothing's wrong with the screen, so it's really disappointing we can't make any progress and save it. : - (Spending $50-100 for an accurate diagnosis wasn't an issue for me--if it resulted in finding the solution. But all I've done is waste a couple weeks' time, and got no results. I guess it will have to go to a local shop--something I really would prefer not to do.In an earlier life, I put myself thru two years of college jockying tubes in analog TV sets. While this doesn't qualify me to diagnose digital sets,
I was hoping someone here could help me find the culprit, and I could
replace a capacitor or two, or a PC board, and be back to normal.Think it's possible?