TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have a Mitsubishi WD-82740 that has the blinking light of…

Customer Question
Hi have a Mitsubishi WD-82740...
Hi have a Mitsubishi WD-82740 that has the blinking green light of death. Before it went out all of the skin tones turned very blue so I turned off the TV and it would not come back on. What part should I replace and where can I find the parts. I'm not a TV tech but am pretty good replacing computer parts. I have read that it could be bad capacitors on the DM module but I can't locate anything called a DM module in the service manual.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/19/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

What light is blinking?it will be labelled on the set itself thanks

Anthony

It's just the small light on the front of the TV. There is only one light and it's right next to the power button.

OK just give me a couple mins whilst I look

That will be the status light, is it blinking fast or slow please

Constant about 1 second

Have you rebooted the set?unplugged from wall power waited 5 mins then re-plugged back in again?if not please do that, the set is not reporting an error if its just the status light blinking slow like that

I have done other searches and this is a valid problem. I couldn't find the error in the manual but that is what it's doing. I've unplugged it for days and also did the reset by holding the power button for 10 seconds. It does make a sound when it resets but then starts blinking again.

Please forget about the DM module this set does not have one or its very integral to the mainboard that is only for earlier sets made by mitsy, whilst it could be mainboard issues we have to follow a procedure and stage 1 is a reboot of the set have you done that thanks

ok thanks.

Let me know when you have completed the reboot we will move on from there

I did the reboot. Light is still flashing.

These issues are difficult the set is not reporting an error so I have to assume that the mainboard is not functioning correctly, now do you have the service manual for the set?

Anthony

I have the service manual.

OK you can see the removal of the main in the manual you will need to get it out and get the part-number it will be on a sticky label or it may be in the service manual under the parts section, try www.shopjimmy.com for the board initially

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony

Sorry for delay I have not had access to the site for at least 15 hours

It is the main-board you need yes those are not part-numbers it should be in the service manual the part-number

Anthony

Do you still need help with this please?

I need to be rated positively thank you so I receive credit from the site thanks again

Anthony

Do you have another source besides shopjimmy?

I just google the part-number any suppliers wh0 have it will come up or try ebay as a last resort

Finally received the main board and replaced it but it didn't change the blinking light. Not happy.

Lets see if you can activate the error reporting system I do not think it will start but try this hold down on the set itself the INPUT and MENU buttons at the same time does the light in the front of the set blink a two piece code like 2 blinks followed by 3 blinks as an example?if so please count the blinks thanks

No change. Did not activate.
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** expert has opted out and I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What is the part number of replacement board that you received and installed in TV?

- Does TV switch Off if press power button on TV or remote while green light is flashing?

Thanks.

Thank you. The board is the main board #934C407002 according to the invoice. The TV does not power off. You can hold the power button in for 10 seconds or so and it will click a few times then the light will start blinking again. One thing I'm not sure was in his notes. The color of the image on the screen was blue before the light started blinking. When I turned off the TV to reboot it wouldn't come on and the green light was flashing. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the info, TV symptoms are bit odd and continuous green flashing light indicates TV is booting up which should done in few seconds, in other words TV couldn't boot up for some reason and it could be corrupted firmware (TV internal software) which isn't booting up/ got stuck and causing the problem.

I would recommend to upgrade TV firmware/ software by going to following Mitsubishi link, download software upgrade 13.06 file along with upgrade instructions file that have detailed info about how to do it..

https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/support/documents/WD-82740

Firmware update wont cost you any money, it needs USB memory stick to proceed and worth to try. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Shahid.

I just tried but no luck. I put the USB in with the TV unplugged as instructed. When I plugged it in it did the clicking and the green light started blinking again. I waited about 15 minutes then tried again. No luck.

OK, is the old main board still in TV?

If not, can you try to put old main board in TV and try to upgrade firmware/ software again?

Thanks.

Ok no luck with that either. Same blinking.

Sorry to hear that, I'm out of ideas what it could be so let me open the question to other experts to have a look.

Thanks.