TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have anLG intelligent wireless media box that is not

Customer Question
Hi I have anLG...
Hi I have anLG intelligent wireless media box that is not responding. The on button goes green the blue light goes on and thereafter goes with blinking red. I did an attempt on a power off reboot and that does not work. Is it possible to just buy another box?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/19/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Mike.

Unfortunately this particular product had some significant design and manufacture/quality problems so this type of failure was common.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the box, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

At that point it would need to be replaced, it is not feasible to repair. Luckily however there is still substantial inventory of this item (for now) and nearly no demand since it works with only a handful of tvs. You can pick up a new one very inexpensively here (and may even want to buy another as a spare): http://amzn.to/1QpmSjl

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.