TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My screen goes black in the course of watching the tv. Model…

Customer Question
My screen goes black in...
My screen goes black in the course of watching the tv. Model #M5550SV what is the problem and how is it fixed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/19/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The screen going black is either an issue with the "Source" (meaning the cable/SAT box or connecting cable), or a hardware fault within the TV itself. To rule this out please grab the original Vizio remote and press MENU. When the screen goes black will the MENU display on the screen?

No menu will not display on the screen when it is black

If the native MENU will not display then this indicates a hardware fault in the set.

How do I determine the faulty hardware and where do I get replacement parts provided you think I can fix it myself.

Please shut the lights off in the room and tell me if the TV's backlights are on- meaning the screen is still lit. Then I can locate the replacement part for you.

The only light visible is the VIZIO label below the screen. The entire screen is black. No light

This means the power supply/LED board needs to be replaced.

Can you provide the part number and an online source for it?

I just did, it is posted above. Please scroll up the page just above your last reply.