TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We just installed a replacement MT5388 Lite board in our…

Customer Question
We just installed a replacement...
We just installed a replacement MT5388 Lite board in our Sony KDL-46BX420.
What do we have to do to reprogram our tv?
When we turn on the tv the screen is backlit but nothing else.
None of the remote buttons seem to respond other than on off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/19/2016
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would say that, by the sound of it and offhand, one of three things is wrong:

- the board is OK, but of the wrong revision level. Or perhaps it is utterly the wrong part #? I presume you compare(d) it with the old board. If you haven't yet done so, I strongly advise doing so.

- the problem is elsewhere in the TV, not just in that board

- try pressing the MENU button on the TV itself, and see if anything appears on the screen. That might be needed, but if it produces nothing, no response, then you will have to start troubleshooting the problem all over again, really.

And if it comes to that, I strongly advise having a service manual for the model or model line, and using its troubleshooting guides in detail, carefully. It could save you a lot of expense trying boards.

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

My name is***** am a different tech with a different prognosis

What was the ORIGINAL issue with the set please?

Anthony