TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased my Sharp TV in August of 2015. The sound has…

Customer Question
I purchased my Sharp TV...
I purchased my Sharp TV in August of 2015. The sound has stopped working on it and
1) I would like to get it fixed
2) I need to know if it is still in warranty since I haven't had it a year
3) How much will it cost me
4) When can I get it repaired
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , please send me a hello when you see this ?

Hello

Hi , I`ll start by saying that yes your tv is still under warranty but it may not need repair .

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Did you lose the sound all of sudden just like that ?

You were notmaking changes or anything to the wiring or settings ?

Dvd player and Bose

no cable box ?

Was just watching and it went off

Did you try the dvd ?

the cable box is connected and yes I tried the DVDs and it has no sound either.

Thank you .

Then indeed your tv is defective , namely the main board where the audio circuit is mounted .

Did you buy that tv locally or online ?

For that size I would guess locally but I have to ask

it was locall

O.k then asking as sharp des not give their ASC (authorized service center) contact info online but the store where you bought it would tell you who does their sharp service and also , it may be a good idea to contact sharp first at 1-800-BESHARP to get info on the warranty claim procedure

If the sound went while watching without touching anything and there is no sound on any devices then it is a confirmation that the tv is at fault and as I said it would be the main board

I did call the store and theyhave no techs to work on tvs and said that I needed to contact Sharp directly, that is why I am talking to you.

Well , then I`ll give you a link to get a refund because there is a misunderstanding here .

This s not sharp and I`m an independent tech.

DO NOT RATE or it will hinder your refund and you can self refund at the link below ;

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-hl

Okay, thank you.

No problem

I went to the order page but it doesn't have "click for a refund" it said that it would be under the payment amount but it isn't. Do I need to call to get the refund?

Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

I have no idea how this is done on your side

Okay, thanks.

no problem