TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I get no power to the lamp assembly although a red lamp

Customer Question
light comes on on the...
I get no power to the lamp assembly although a red lamp light comes on on the Mitsubishi WD60733. Is there a fuse or something? When the lamp went it made an audible pop.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

Okay, I'm ready.

O.k then first ;

How do you know the lamp ass`y gets power or not ?

Did you try a new lamp ?

Yeah, we tried a new lamp and stuck a probe in the terminals and got no indication of current. It's a WD-65733 Mitsubishi by the way.

lOL for one thing that cannot be measured like that , this is not a light bulb and if you like your meter ,don`t stick it in there again , when the lamp strikes it comes up to 2KVolts and beside the lamp wont strike with the door open anyway

The old lamp , can you see it burnt or shattered glass inside the housing ?

Well, it isn't a meter only a light with probes. Yes, shattered glass and melted wires.

Melted wires ??

You mean inside the housing ?

Or where the lamp connect ?

Yeah, the filaments.

Where did you get the new lamp and how much did you pay for it ?

Electrified Discounters, Inc at $18.95.

A fair lamp for this tv , not talking about the real thing at $120 but some middle of the road quality would go for around $70 , you got a bad lamp , return it if you can .

All right. Seemed like a good deal so I got 2 of them with free shipping.

both of them doing the same thing i guess ?

You got it. Why so expensive? Do they have to handle 2Kv? These look just the same as the original.

Well , for one thing not the same quality and even if they fired up they usually last less than 3 months and there is the question of amperage while running and striking , you could damage the ballast and /or power supply and i`m hoping its not already done although you would get something else than simply a red lamp light at the front .

Right now i can only suggest you to try a good lamp not one of those things

Okay. What would cause the original to blow up? Some kind of short or something?

was there any warranty on those lamps ?

how old was the original anyway , the original ?

Yeah, I can send them back I think. They're from Ebay of course.

if the lamp that blew was the original then it went of old age

Thats is what happens when you over extend their life

Presumably it was the original. The TV was a gift and used at the time and has since had the mirror replaced.
It's a 2007 model. Don't know if it's worth adding another $120 to hope it works.

give me a minute and i`ll find you a good sub

Cool. What if it turns out not to be the lamp? Any suggestions? If it doesn't I guess you'll still be available. Know of anyplace to recycle the tv if we decide to scrap it?

I can guarrantee you that i will be around and i give this a 90% chance of success .

As far as the recycle goes you will have to check with your city bylaws , some city you can simply chuck it on the side of the road and others you have to take it to your favorite recycling center.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

The number on the bottom of the original lamp and both cheap replacements is 915P061010. Different than the ones you're suggesting. Possible problem?

I gave you the numbers that normally fit with your tv model , and yes tehn its possible that you don`t have the correct lamp numbers ??

The model number you gave me is correct isn`t it ?

Yeah, it's on the label on the back of the tv, WD-65733.

Thats not what you gave me at the opening

No it isn't but I amended it on the second round.
Ok, thanks. Hope it works, sorry for the initial screwup.
Good. Want to place a bet whether it works or not?
I know you said you were 90% sure. Can't do much better I guess. How long do these generally last?

LOL wait till it gets in to rate

All right. Thanks for your help.

no problem