TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Toshiba model 52HL167 television set(2007) in which…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba model...
I have a Toshiba model 52HL167 television set(2007) in which the picture is beginning to darken in the top center portion of the screen. Also, there is a vertical line on the right side of the screen until the TV is fully warmed up which really doesn't bother me that much. What can I do about the darkening issue?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi Sam , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you see this

I can tell you that those vertical lines alone would be quite repairable by replacing the t-con board but that dark spot is the more serious problem here and you are correct , this is not just some adjustments and as a matter of fact this looks very much like a defective panel if that dark spot is there not matter what is on the screen , TV's own menu included , was going to ask you about the TV's menu but I`m sure that this spot won`t disappear when the menu is opened.

Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows over the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician