TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a LG 37"HD. model #32LC7D the problem im having now…

Customer Question
I have a LG 37"HD...
I have a LG 37"HD. model #32LC7D the problem im having now is when its turned on by the tv it blinks red, green constantly and does not come on. Could it be a short in the power button? HELP!!!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/17/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

T

Never mind the posting from Anthony , the website is acting up and it wasn`t meant to be here

What was playing when this happened , was it a game or the tv just turned on like that today ?

it has been like this for sometime

O.k then i dont know what you tried so far and i will have a couple of things for you to try but i must say first that i don`t think there will be a solution beside replacing the main board

The main board`s eeprom is now stuck on a self test and there is little hope of getting it out of it .

Be right back

first thing to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then i`ll have something else but that will require the tv`s original remote

Im sorry to waste your time and mine, but the tv came on. every time its turned on i just wait for the blinking to stop and the tv comes on.

how do you mean the reset worked ?

The tv has been like that for quite some time you said so that would mean the reset worked

I did not reset it, i just leave it on blinking and sometimes it takes hours or not to come on

If this was something gradual (which you did no mention to start with ) then it will come back and I know what is causing this , just let me know

At some point the tv will no longer start at all no matter how long you let it blink

Unplug it for the night and see if it will come back on tomorrow , do not close this post yet , the money is still yours , that was just a deposit

ok, im aware of that. If that should happen it will not make sense to get it fixed. the game systems are not the problem?

O.k then i will answer your question and hope you will use the rating system so i get compensated for my time .

What you have is a dying power board in your tv , namely weak vented capacitors on it and it would be easy enough for a tech to replace 2 or 3 of them but you are correct , the cost of repair would not warrant it on this older tv .

The answer is NO about the game , it has nothing to do with that .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

you have answered my question. I did not sign up for any free trial. i will not be getting in touch about this again. Thank you

Got your answer for free and as you said above waisted my time , thank you !