TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

42 in TV just prints no signal on screen. Got new box from…

Customer Question
42 in TV just prints...
42 in TV just prints no signal on screen. Got new box from Comcast and installed. Called Comcast and went through a lot of updates and still no signal on screen. Changed TV to wire I knows works and still no joy. Could it be TV problem an don't what needs to be done to fix ? TV is 4 years old maybe.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?
Also ,could you please give me the tv`s model number ?

Ev20va

E420VA perhaps ?

O.k then on this tv there are 4 HDMI input on the rear side (vertical) and component inputs at the lower back , which input are you using ?

HDMI or component color coded cables ?

Cable in jack

o.k then your tv needs to be set on channel 3 or 4 , did you try that ?

did both channels yesterday with Comcast. No luck

Could you actually see the channel numbers 3 or 4 on the screen ?

Why are you using that type of connection by the way ?

Doesn`t that cable box have other terminals at the back ?

it showed 3fnc

O.k then not too many choices here , either you have a bad cable or your tv`s tuner is defective .

Are there other type of outputs on that cable box ?

No it's xfinity box 3×4 in

You mean that its one of those small DTA adapter box then with only a RF coaxial cable out.

That coax cable was supplied with the box ?

I mean its new and screwed all the way in ?

O.k then if that cable box is working then your tv has a tuner problem .

These box from comcast also come with HDMI out port and that would be an excellent upgrade beside fixing this problem .

I mean that right now you would be looking at the worse picture quality even if it was working so this may be a blessing in disguise.

Other than that if you have an old vcr that is still somewhat functional then it could perhaps be set as a tuner for your tv

The small box I have does not have hdmi out port. Would I have to upgrade to bigger xfinity box and does it have built in tuner. No old vcr

Usually that DTA box with only the coaxial port is used for older TV's that do not have HDMI or any HD inputs but yours has plenty of that.

The model I`m talking abut is pretty much the same from the front but it had HDMI out at the back .

And yes by definition a cable box IS a tuner

let me see if I can find it so you will know what to ask for

Just go to Comcast and upgrade ?

Yes ask them for a box with the HDMI out port , they do have them

OK I'll give it a try ! Thx

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Still need help with this ?

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician