TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just got new boxes tvs yesterday and on my second tv, my…

Customer Question
I just got new boxes...
I just got new boxes for my tvs yesterday and on my second tv, my grandson hit a button on my remote and now all my tv says is NO SIGNAL. How do I get it back to cable. I read the book, but I can't find out how to get it back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
2/17/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, The "No Signal" message means that the TV's "Input" was changed. This actually has nothing to do with the cable box, but rather with a TV setting. So, on the original TV remote (some TV's have this button on the set itself) find the button labeled "Input" or "TV/Video" and press that to select your Cable Box Input.

If you're not sure- the Input could be HDMI 1, HDMI 2, component video, etc.- it all depends on where exactly the cable box plugs into on the back of the set.

If you're still stuck, since you did not post any details about the TV- I will need the model number off of the back of the TV to proceed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Please let me know when you are able to see my reply.